Sunday, August 13, 2006

First Vows.


Almighty and eternal God, I, Joseph Andrew Maximilian Kolbe Isaac Jogues Koczera, understand how unworthy I am in your divine sight. Yet I am strengthened by your infinite compassion and mercy, and I am moved by the desire to serve you. I vow to your divine Majesty, before the most holy Virgin Mary and the entire heavenly court, perpetual chastity, poverty, and obedience in the Society of Jesus. I promise that I will enter this same Society to spend my life in it forever. I understand all these things according to the Constitutions of the Society of Jesus. Therefore, by your boundless goodness and mercy, and through the blood of Jesus Christ, I humbly ask that you judge this total commitment of myself acceptable. And as you have freely given me the desire to make this offering, so also may you give me the abundant grace to fulfill it.
At Detroit, Gesu Church, on the 13th day of August, in the year 2006.

AMDG.

8 Comments:

At August 13, 2006 9:41 AM, Blogger Susan Rose Francois, CSJP said...

Beautiful. Congratulations on taking this amazing step!

 
At August 13, 2006 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congraulations, Joe! I pray that you continue to experience God's grace more and more fully as you go through your formation — many blessings!

 
At August 14, 2006 2:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats and prayers.

 
At August 14, 2006 8:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe...was Max Kolbe your confirmation name? That was MY confirmation name!

Congrats and blessing on your vows!

Jason, future nSJ

 
At August 15, 2006 4:12 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Hi, Joe,

Somehow my congrats message didn't post. So here it is again:

Heartfelt Congratulations, Joe, on your profession as a Jesuit! Indeed the Church is alive, well, and in good hands. May the journey continue to be grace-filled!!

 
At August 15, 2006 9:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Joe!!!. While I was reading your vows profession I imagined myself at that exact moment. I was very tempted to be there but It was going to be very expensive to flight and come back the same day. So I decided not to go but wanted to be there so badly. God has been too greatful with me beacuse you have just summarized what was the most meaningful moment of the event - Your covenant with God and your commitment with the Jesuits in those words. Thank you for sharing with us of your commitment. May the Lord be always with you through out all this journey that has just begun and blessed this moment.

Best regards,
Edgar

 
At August 17, 2006 1:37 PM, Blogger Joseph Koczera, S.J. said...

Thank you all for your prayers and good wishes - in response to Jason's question, yes, Maximilian Kolbe was my confirmation name. In accordance with an old Jesuit tradition, I also took a vow name, that of Isaac Jogues, one of the Jesuit martyrs of North America. Thanks you all once again, and God bless.

 
At September 18, 2006 11:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suppose I'm late, but congratulations! It's neat to see the different vow formulas for different orders.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home