Saturday, June 17, 2006

Live from Los Angeles.

I'm writing this post from a computer in the student center at Loyola Marymount University, where I've been spent the past week attending the United States Jesuit Conference 2006 Summer Formation Gathering. During the week, I had a chance to catch up with friends in formation from other Jesuit provinces whom I don't often get to see. With some of these friends I took the opportunity to explore greater Los Angeles on a free afternoon in the middle of the week. Making good use of a fairly decent Metro system (the Day Pass proved a real bargain), we visited such places as the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels, Little Tokyo, Grauman's Chinese Theatre and Marina del Rey. I'd offer commentary on each of these sights, but I'm at a stand-up Internet terminal and there are people behind me waiting to check their e-mail. Next time I update this blog, I'll be in Peru. 'Til then, greetings from sunny, hazy Southern California, and a very happy Father's Day to my Dad and all the other fathers out there. AMDG.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home