Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Wolfpack defeat Eagles, 65-39.

Tonight the St. Ignatius varsity boys' basketball team beat the Eagles of Jones College Prep by a 26-point margin. Though the Eagles got within striking distance of the Wolfpack early in the game, St. Ignatius developed an insurmountable lead in the second half. Though the Wolfpack will play again soon in the IHSA sectionals, this was the last official game of the season. As a result, tonight was "Senior Night," with special recognition given to the Wolfpack's stellar senior players and many of their classmates in the bleachers (here's a special shout-out to the K94 participants I spotted among them). It was another great night for Wolfpack basketball, though I feel at least tinge of sadness in realizing this was one of the last games I'll see while I'm here. I'll certainly miss the times I've spent rooting for St. Ignatius at home and away games, but I'll also treasure my memories of those special winter evenings. Go Wolfpack, AMDG.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home