Friday, January 27, 2006

A busy day at SICP.

Setting a new personal record, this afternoon I was present for three back-to-back afterschool activities. Right after school I ran a practice for St. Ignatius' terrific Scholastic Bowl team, which seems poised to do well in an all-day tournament Saturday at St. Viator High School in Arlington Heights. Naturally, I'll be at St. Viator's tomorrow to cheer the team on. After the practice wrapped up, I spent two hours chaperoning a school dance in the dining hall. This was my first time chaperoning at such an event, and in contrast with the old clichés about Catholic school teachers going around with rulers and cautioning kids to 'make room for the Holy Spirit' my duties seemed to consist entirely of telling attendees which doors they could and couldn't use to enter or leave the premises. After the dance, I attended a varsity boys' basketball game versus the Rams of Gordon Tech. The Wolfpack led throughout the game, and though the Rams came on strong in the second half Ignatius won by 53-41. So it was a busy and varied afternoon and evening for me at St. Ignatius College Prep, but it was a fun and rewarding one as well. AMDG.

2 Comments:

At January 29, 2006 2:09 PM, Blogger Photography said...

just droppin. i love reading your blog. thanks and God bless.

amdg

jeff,sj

 
At January 30, 2006 4:27 PM, Blogger Joseph Koczera, S.J. said...

Jeff -
Thanks for the compliment. Hope all is well,
Joe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home