Monday, September 26, 2005

Twenty minutes into the future.

Being somewhat slow to adapt to new technologies, I'm a bit surprised to find myself adding to this blog yet another hi-tech gizmo (or at least my version of a hi-tech gizmo). Discreetly placed at the foot of this page you'll find a tiny Site Meter hit counter. You may be wondering why I'd want another such device, since I added the ClustrMaps hit counter on the sidebar less than a week ago. As far as I can tell, Site Meter does all the same things ClustrMaps does - and, by my judgment, does them better. Site Meter also provides more detailed statistics on visitor traffic, including a slough of neat graphs and pie charts. That said, I still like having an easy-to-view map on the sidebar illustrating where my readers come from, so in addition to Site Meter I'll be keeping ClustrMaps on this blog.

Readers who know something about web design will probably be bored by this post. However, given my general lack of expertise in technical matters I count my ability to successfully add two new features to my blog in the space of a week as a major accomplishment. AMDG.

2 Comments:

At September 27, 2005 6:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As your lifelong tech support, I am very impressed...

 
At September 27, 2005 8:46 PM, Blogger Joseph Koczera, S.J. said...

Marc -
I still have a lot to learn about both ClustrMaps and SiteMeter, but so far I've been impressed with both and I appreciate all the data I get from using both. Thanks for the comment - I appreciate your openness to user feedback.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home