Friday, September 02, 2005

The horror.

I'd like to be able to say something consoling and eloquent in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, but I'm at a loss. The scale of the devastation on the Gulf Coast and the chaos that has followed the hurricane - especially in New Orleans - have been a true shock to me. Though the impact of Hurricane Katrina pales in comparison with those of the tsunami that followed last year's Indian Ocean earthquake, this disaster understandably strikes much closer to home for many Americans. In a way, this is our tsunami. I hope my readers will join me in praying for all the victims of Hurricane Katrina - those who have died and those who survive but must now struggle to rebuild their shattered lives. I also encourage those who are able to donate generously to the relief efforts. AMDG.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home