Sunday, June 05, 2005

SouthCoast news roundup.

Today's Standard-Times contains several items of interest. There's an article on yesterday's commencement ceremony at Tabor Academy, where my sister and her cohorts in the Class of '05 received their high school diplomas "[a]gainst a backdrop of clear blue skies, brilliant green lawns and whitewashed sailboats bobbing in Sippican Harbor[.]" Having had the good fortune of attending the ceremony myself, I can say that the event was every bit as lovely as the Standard-Times describes it. Commencement exercises were also held yesterday at my own high school alma mater, Old Rochester Regional High School, as reported here. My graduation from ORR in 1997 received similar treatment in our local paper - readers who know me personally may enjoy locating me in the photo that accompanies the article. Regarding area youth who did not receive diplomas yesterday, the Standard-Times has a sad and sobering story on ORR dropouts who've come to regret leaving school before graduation. AMDG.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home