Monday, June 06, 2005

Back from Cedar Point.

Amusement parks aren't really my thing, so I'm less than ideally qualified to assess the merits of the self-proclaimed "number-one rated amusement park on the planet." This venerable lakeside attraction is a very big deal to many Ohioans and Michiganders, and my novitiate class includes several seasoned Cedar Point veterans. For my part, I can say that I found Cedar Point to be much cleaner than a number of other amusement parks I've been to, and I was happily surprised to find a Johnny Rockets inside the park. My family will not be surprised to hear that I did not go on any of the roller coasters; instead I spent most of the day at the beach, which I found very pleasant. Assuming Loyola House sponsors another Cedar Point outing in the future (this one being at least the second in the past two years), I suspect I'll return to the fleshpots of Sandusky. I doubt I'll ever become a Cedar Point lifer like some of my Jesuit brethren, but I wouldn't mind seeing the place again. AMDG.

5 Comments:

At June 07, 2005 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fleshpots? What does that mean? Liz will gladly go on the next Cedar Point trip in your place. How far is it from Berkley, MI?

 
At June 07, 2005 11:03 AM, Blogger Joseph Koczera, S.J. said...

Mom -
Fleshpots are places providing luxurious or worldy entertainment; it's an archaic term and rarely used. Sandusky is about two hours from Berkley.

 
At June 07, 2005 3:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you ever make it to Six Flags Great America, near the Illinois/Wisconsin border?

 
At June 07, 2005 7:24 PM, Blogger Sean Salai, S.J. said...

Joe,

My brother works every summer at Cedar Point. He can get you some complimentary tickets next time!

Sean

 
At June 07, 2005 8:36 PM, Blogger Joseph Koczera, S.J. said...

Steve -
I've never been to Six Flags Great America, but since we got back from Cedar Point the bevy of Midwesterners I live with have been comparing and contrasting the two parks.

Sean -
Good to hear; we may have to look up your brother next time we go - it's always good to build on those Jesuit family connections.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home