Friday, April 15, 2005

Irish Seawolves in the News.

Notre Dame basketball forward Torin Francis, a former star player at my sister's high school, Tabor Academy, yesterday announced his eligibility for the NBA draft. You can read more about Francis' time at Tabor here and here. Francis' career with the Seawolves and the Irish represented a kind of bridge for me; when I was at Notre Dame, I thought it was really cool that a kid I remembered reading about in my local paper when he was playing at Tabor was now playing for the Irish. The prospect of him going to the NBA is also pretty cool, though I would've preferred that he wait until senior year and complete his degree before thinking about going pro. Given that I remember his career as a high school player, the prospect of Torin Francis playing professional basketball also makes me feel a little old. Such is life, I guess. AMDG.

2 Comments:

At April 17, 2005 6:39 PM, Blogger LilBucner said...

wasn't Tabor your high school also?

 
At April 18, 2005 2:14 AM, Blogger Joseph Koczera, S.J. said...

No, I went to ORR - very big difference there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home