Friday, December 24, 2004

'Twas the Night Before Christmas, and All Through Loyola House . . .

Okay, enough of that. I'll be leaving in a few minutes for Midnight Mass at St. Florian Church in Hamtramck. Our extensive novitiate Christmas activities wrapped up about an hour ago - we had Mass in the afternoon, a sumptuous dinner prepared by the formation staff and attended by numerous guests, and a community gathering where we opened our "Secret Santa" gifts. An integral part of the last activity was guessing who your gift came from, a task easier in some cases than others; when the nature of the gift or the handwriting on the label didn't give it away, good ol' process of elimination had to suffice. To fall back on a cliche I've used before, a good time was had by all. For my part, when I get back from St. Florian's I'll go into intensive packing mode in preparation for an early morning flight home to visit the folks. I may or may not be blogging while I'm in Massachusetts - we'll see how it goes. 'Til next time, merry Christmas to all and to all a good night. AMDG.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home