Friday, November 12, 2004

Scarecrow and Mrs. King.

Continuing Novitiate Notes' long-neglected apostolate of bringing the fruits of '80's pop culture to the world, let's take a quick look at the 1983-87 TV series Scarecrow and Mrs. King, about a housewife (Kate Jackson) who pals around with a secret agent (Bruce Boxleitner). A chance comment from Ben about the scarecrow guarding our compost heap (don't ask) prompted me to recall the show, which led Jonathan to exclaim, "Scarecrow and Mrs. King! I haven't seen that show in 20 years!" It probably shouldn't be surprising that there is a plethora of SMK resources on the Web - which means Jonathan shouldn't have any trouble accomplishing his goal of finding and downloading the show's theme music (music I don't remember but might recognize if I heard it). I don't recall having been a particularly big fan of SMK (please correct me, Mom, if you remember differently), but evidently it still managed to leave a strong enough imprint on my psyche that it would come back to me tonight after being absent from my conscious thoughts for almost two decades. AMDG.

2 Comments:

At November 12, 2004 8:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny...I've had similar reactions to a 70s show called "A/K/A Pablo" whenever I see or hear "A/K/A." Some of that background cultural noise really seeps in deep.

 
At November 15, 2004 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you probably would have preferred BH or Dr Who to SMK...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home