Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Notes on the Feast of the North American Martyrs.

Today is the Feast of Saints Jean de Brebeuf, Isaac Jogues and Companions. I wrote a lot about the Martyrs in the days before the Midland trip, and there's not much more I can say that I haven't already written (see my entries here, here and here if you want to recap). I will say that the Martyrs are really, really cool and that this may be my favorite feast day.

Today two of my fellow novices - second-year Chicagoan Jeff and Detroit first-year Ryan - have birthdays, which will be celebrated with appropriate festivity at dinner tonight. In other news, today is my first day at the Abbey Living Center in Warren, so wish me luck. Expect a report on my experiences later in the week. AMDG.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home