Wednesday, September 29, 2004

What I'm reading.

Yesterday I completed Moral Theology in an Age of Renewal by Paulinus Odozor, a Spiritan priest from Nigeria who currently teaches at Notre Dame. I don't have much of a background in moral theology, so I can't offer a learned critique of the book. (For one of those, see this review from America.) I approached Odozor's work hoping for an overview of some of the more salient debates in Catholic moral theology over the past forty years, and that's pretty much what I got out of it. Moving on, I've begun re-reading The First Jesuits by our own John O'Malley. I read O'Malley's book for the first time during the summer of 2003, and I was so taken with it then that I managed to complete it off in a couple days. I'm delving it into it again first and forthmost because portions of it were assigned for the Jesuit history class we're currently taking; rather than simply read excerpts, I figured I might as well read the whole thing again and see whether it strikes me differently now that I'm in the novitiate than it did when I was a candidate. Stay tuned for the answer. AMDG.

1 Comments:

At September 29, 2004 6:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Banana bread guaranteed delivery by noon Thursday by US Express mail. Let me know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home