Wednesday, September 15, 2004

The Shopping News.

My fellow novice Jim and I just got back from doing the midweek grocery shopping at Sam's Club. If you think family shopping is a challenge, try doing it for a household of twenty-seven. The highlight of this morning's outing was not the shopping itself but a chance discovery I made while making an inventory of the pantry beforehand: much to my surprise, the novitiate has a stock of Autocrat Coffee Syrup. As some of you may know, coffee syrup is an integral ingredient of coffee milk - which, having grown up in southern New England, I am a big fan of. So it looks like I'll be drinking a lot more coffee milk, and that can only be a good thing. AMDG.

2 Comments:

At September 22, 2004 2:39 PM, Blogger LilBucner said...

joe,
great blog!
please link me, i will be linking you.
coffee milk sounds like a horrific product - I can't say I've ever had it but it just seems quintessentially New England wonky, kinda like candlepin bowling.
educate this ignorant Jew - what does AMDG mean?

 
At September 23, 2004 8:53 PM, Blogger Joseph Koczera, S.J. said...

Isaac -
Consider yourself linked - thanks for the 'Special Edition' shout out. AMDG = Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam, the Latin motto of the Jesuit Order. In English, it's "To the Greater Glory of God." This makes me curious what it might be in Hebrew, a question I'm certainly not equipped to answer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home